Today we are proud to announce Cappuccino support for Node.js. This is made possible thanks the great work of Frank Rehwinkel.
How it is done
How to use it
- Make sure Node.js is installed.
- The latest Cappuccino-Base is needed. It is included in the latest version of Cappuccino. It’s most easily installed by following the instructions here.
- Some Node.js modules are required. Run the Bash script at
<Your Narwhal Folder>/packages/narwhal-node/bin/npm-install.
- There are also some small changes to the Cappuccino framework necessary to support Node.js. They are not included in the latest version so you should use the master branch from Github.
- Set the environment variable
node. In Bash this is
Now everything works as normal and you can build the downloaded (step 4 above) Cappuccino framework with
jake install on a MacBook Pro:
- Node: 2 minutes
- Rhino: 5 minutes 30 seconds
The next step